Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bread & Butter :: Cinnamon Honey Butter




Isn't butter just perfect?  It's almost as perfect as bread!  ...I think if I had to pick only one food to eat for the rest of my life it would have to be bread with butter.  Well, that's technically two foods, but who's counting? :-) It's just one of those simple, uncomplicated, comforting flavor combinations that you can't help but love.  

So last night, when I saw Barefoot Contessa (ahh...the wonders of Tivo!) make a cinnamon honey butter, I had to try it.  On my way home tonight, I picked up a fresh loaf of whole wheat bread and whipped up a batch.  Butter, honey, and cinnamon, and I also added a bit of brown sugar for extra sweetness.

This is perfect to have in the fridge for an indulgent breakfast over toast, an english muffin, ...or imagine on pancakes! Yum!  But also perfect in a dessert:  slather a bit of the butter on apple slices and broil them in the oven until they start to brown.  Delicious by themselves or atop ice cream.

...I think this is going to be the start of a flavored butter obsession :-) 
Enjoy!


CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER (adapted from Barefoot Contessa)
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons clover honey
1/4 teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

Mix all ingredients with a hand blender or a food processor until well mixed.  Store in an airtight container on the fridge. 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails