Monday, March 8, 2010

Simple Sundays :: Orange Mandarin Spritzers


Doesn't it feel like spring is here?  It was a beautifully sunny weekend in NYC.   The weather was perfect!  After months of winter, A. and I spent the entire weekend outside.  We went for long walks  to Washington Sq. park, had a slow brunch outside Extra Virgin on w4th St. (one of my favorite little west village streets!), and bought dozens of bright fuschia tulips.  It's weekends like these when I remember how much I ♥ the city.  

After a delicious (seriously delicious!) late dinner at Babbo, we had no room for breakfast on Sunday.  So, instead I made a big pitcher of one of my morning favorites: orange spritzers!  Fresh squeezed juice and sparkling water, it doesn't get more simple than that... or refreshing. 

I love fresh squeezed orange juice, especially now when oranges are in season.  It really does not compare to anything you find at the store.  It takes a little bit of effort, but so well worth it.  As soon as I got my Kitchenaid mixer, the first thing I did was buy the juicer attachment.  I can't imagine a weekend morning without it.

To the spritzer, I added a bit of fresh mandarin juice for a twist.  It was deliciously fresh and my new breakfast staple. ...Of course, you can replace the sparkling water with Prosecco for a bubblier breakfast drink.

Enjoy!



ORANGE-MANDARIN SPRITZERS
3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice (about 6-9 oranges)
1 cup fresh squeezed mandarin juice (about 6 mandarins)
1 cup sparkling water
about 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)

Mix the orange and mandarin juice in a pitcher.  Add the chilled sparking water, and sugar to taste.  Serve with plenty of ice and orange slices.


6 comments:

the southern hostess said...

Yum! This looks absolutely delicious.

simpledaisy said...

Yum!!! Those look fabulous:)

{lovely little things} said...

This sounds refreshingly delicious, I'd down this at Sunday brunch!

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Just stumbled across you blog and it makes me miss Manhattan SO very much! Your weekend sounds lovely---it's about time we all had a bit of sunshine! XO Katie

Dandelion and Grey said...

These look so refreshing! I think I'll give them a try this weekend. Thank you! xo

me melodia said...

yes.

I'm trying these today. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails