Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dreaming of Paris :: Little Oven Macaroons

Last night, we were lucky enough to be invited to a macaroon tasting by Little Oven!  

Macaroons are one of my absolute favorite treats.  I love the beautiful colors, the flavors, and the perfectly crunchy, yet gooey texture. Perfection!  Even pictures of macaroons are so beautiful.


(image via flickr)

The french macaroons (or macarons) are almond based pastry cookies sandwiched with a deliciously flavored cream or ganache.  They date back to the 18th century, and are now most famously found at LadureePierre Herme and other wonderful bakeries in Paris.

And now Little Oven is bringing them to NYC!  A. and I were lucky enough to get a preview.  

We had 14 different macaroons and had to rate texture, fragrance, and guess flavors... which is a lot more challenging than I thought it would be.  Being a macaroon taster is hard work :-) Earl Grey completely stumped me.  My favorite: passion fruit!    

Everything was perfectly delicious!  Is there such a thing as being a 'professional macaroon taster? If so, I am happily available! 


(sorry for the grainy picture of my plate...iphone pic in the dark)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails