Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Salads :: Cucumber, Feta, Apricot Salad




I think summer is the perfect time to enjoy salads.  Vegetables in season now are fresh and crisp!  Example: cucumbers! 
I was inspired by Mark Bittman's 101 Salads article, and came up with this salad.  Crisp cucumbers, with sweet apricots and tangy feta, yum! A perfect side dish for any summer meal... especially a bbq.

CUCUMBER, FETA, APRICOT SALAD
3 Cucumbers, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped apricots (I used dried - a great replacement for raisins in salads)
1 tbsp chopped parsley (mint would be delicious too)
salt and pepper
2 tbspn olive oil
Squeeze of lime juice

Combine all of the ingredients, and enjoy! 

How easy was that? :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do all the cooking for my family and I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails